Today’s IT Infrastructure has to respond to many demands: Digital, SMAC, Market growth, everything as a Service as well as “keeping with current”, environmental, speed, security and value for money are shifting Today’s IT Infrastructure to become invisible – to deliver utility based infrastructure services that can be easily consumed – just like any other utility based service.
In broad terms there are 15 key trends to consider:
- Public cloud will accelerate
- Open Source will be more prevalent
- Containers will be a standard platform
- Security will remain a key requirement
- Hybrid will be the dominant cloud model
- Automation to ensure Infra can speed up
- Microsegmentation to provide better security
- DevOps and Continuous Integration will be King
- Physical Server performance will further increase
- Open Compute will disrupt today’s Hardware vendors
- Infrastructure will move more into an Utility & Lego based Model
- Infrastructure Orchestration will be key to respond to Utility demand
- Microservices will become the new way of constructing most applications
- Software-Anything will accelerate the move to software only infrastructure
- IoT will drive the need of more data store and reporting / analytical capabilities
Invisibly does not mean infrastructure can be ignored; to become invisible, infrastructure has to become software so it can be orchestrated, accelerated, secured and consumed in an utility fashion.
The idea is to develop blueprint based infrastructure capabilities that can be combined to create any solution construct using a Lego© based approach.
For many organisations the Future of Infrastructure will not arrive in a single step – many will have to follow a 4 steps transformation plan to move from a monolithic and or Service oriented to an invisible infrastructure:
See the entire deck here
Thanks for Reading.
This article was written by VP Enterprise Architect and Gunnar Menzel from Capgemini: Capping IT Off and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network.